Things I noticed in Österreich
In Continuation to Things I noticed in Germany. Here the things I noticed in Österreich.
- A free glas of water with almost all drinks.
- Car traffic lights, the green light blink first before it turns to yellow
- Austrian people smoke even more than Germans, and one of my hosts even cold Austria The ashtray of Europe.
- In a lot of cafés en restaurants smoking is allowed, really disgusting by the way.
- Non smokers are often put away in some kind of corner in cafés en restaurants.
- Firehouse uniforms are blue instead of red.
- Churches start ringing the bells at six o’clock even if there is no service.
- A lot of footpaths have wintersperre and this usually means that they just put a fence across the road.
- On the roads, to prevent slipping, they scatter split (tiny stones stones a sort of gravel). So I constantly have split in the profile of my shoes.
- People never greet me; they always greet god (Grüße got) or they greet me as servant/ slave (servos) but never me, almost never.
- Aldi is called Hofer.
- Newspapers are Just hanging on lamp posts with a small safe where you can put in the money en nobody’s checking if you really pay it or not.
- Doorbells are very often on the fence at the edge of the garden instead of next to the door.
- Dogs have to wear a muzzle in public transport.
- Offer candles become more expensive closer Te Wien. Rising from €0.25 to €1.00
2 thoughts on “Things I noticed in Österreich”
Yay! I was hoping for this! You thought there wouldn’t be enough differences worth mentioning, but you did find some 🙂
Super, dat je Wenen gehaald heb!!!!!!
Comments are closed.